To help developers create more advanced IoT applications, Open.Audio (audio processing), Open.MEMS (motion recognition algorithm) and Open.RF (communication protocols) libraries from our Open Software Expansion development suite are now being integrated into the STM32 ODE offer.
Check out how our upgraded STM32 ODE Function Packs help you build an IoT sensor node
STM32 ODE Function Packs are pre-assembled middleware libraries with real-life application examples to help you build your prototype in minutes using a suitable combination of STM32 Nucleo development and X-Nucleo expansion boards.
We have now upgraded our Function Packs dedicated to building IoT sensor nodes with new advanced libraries to help you create more feature-rich designs:
- FP-SNS-MOTENV1 for accessing environmental and motion sensor data, is now enhanced with sensor data fusion and accelerometer-based real-time activity recognition capabilities.
- FP-SNS-ALLMEMS1 providing access to environmental, motion sensors and digital microphones data, now provides sensor data fusion and accelerometer-based real-time activity recognition, as well as acoustic source localization capabilities and voice-over-BLE communication profiles.
- FP-SNS-FLIGHT1 for environmental, motion and time-of-flight ranging sensors data access and BLE pairing via NFC, is now enhanced with sensor data fusion and accelerometer-based real-time activity recognition capabilities.
X-Cube expansion software package for STM32 now enhanced with pre-integrated motion, RF and audio libraries
X-Cube expansion software packages are a basic set of software components like HAL, LL APIs, middleware and application examples designed to help users explore the capabilities of the STM32 used together with a range of sensing, power management, connectivity or audio ICs and MEMS.
We have now upgraded some of our X-Cube expansion software packages with advanced motion, RF and audio libraries:
- X-CUBE-SUBG1, associated to the X-NUCLEO-IDS01A4 and X-NUCLEO-IDS01A5 STM32 Nucleo Sub-1 GHz RF expansion board, includes now a Contiki OS/6LoWPAN middleware.
- X-CUBE-BLE1, associated to the X-NUCLEO-IDB04A1 and X-NUCLEO-IDB05A1 STM32 Nucleo BLE expansion board, now provides Bluetooth Low Energy profiles.
- X-CUBE-MEMSMIC1, associated to the X-NUCLEO-CCA02M1 STM32 Nucleo Digital MEMS microphone expansion board, now supports real-time beamforming and sound source localization.
- X-CUBE-MEMS1, associated to the X-NUCLEO-IKS01A1 and X-NUCLEO-IKS01A2 STM32 Nucleo motion MEMS and environmental sensor expansion board, is enhanced with 13 libraries for improved handling of motion sensor data.